Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Gay Singer Ryan Dolan, Releases Powerful Music Video About Two Gay Teens Hiding Their Love



Ryan Dolan, who came out as gay after appearing on Ireland’s Eurovision Song Contest last year, has released a powerful music video for his new single “Start Again.”

The music video focuses on two gay teens who are hiding their love for each other from their friends and family, and the consequences of their actions.

It's certainly not light fare, but it's a reminder that gay youth still struggle even as LGBT visibility increases and grows more accepted in society.

The video was inspired by Dolan’s childhood, as he recently told Radio One:

In school I was confused about who I was, and it was really hard for me growing up because of that. It was hard to deal with because I knew that I was gay, but I couldn’t get the courage to talk to someone about it…Thinking back now I wish I would have came out about it a long time ago. I think my youth was wasted worrying all the time about it. If I had been more open back then I would have been happier.


Post a Comment

0 Comments