Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Rubens Place - Gay Film


A slice of life story about a young man named Ruben, who returns home to take care of his ailing father. He reconnects with his boyhood friend Jimmy after starting a job with his Uncle.


Samuel Vasquez about the film:

RUBEN'S PLACE - ( Use Ear Phones for better sound quality and turn on close captioning option.) A slice of life story about a young man named Ruben, who reconnects with his boyhood friend Jimmy.

If your having trouble hearing the dialog, please watch on VIMEO and click on this link. https://vimeo.com/44810536.

View Trailer. Click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmCpdz...

View Trailer made by a fan (Alexis). Click on this link: http://youtu.be/sVcuiIBlL8k

View IMDB page. Click on this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2609706/

View my facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stagel...

In the film, Ruben is played by Dawson Montoya and Jimmy is played by Jason Lieu. The two main characters. Ruben's father is played by David Klein. Ruben also has an an Uncle named Vic who is played by Ray Renati. Uncle Vic has a girlfriend named Mercedes, who is played by Solana Crawford. All local Bay Area Actors, whom I had the pleasure to work with last summer.

I filmed the entire project on my Canon 7D camera over the course of two months. I also used two lenses, the Canon 50 mm lens and the Nikon 50 mm lens. Most of all shots where done with the 50 mm Nikon lens with an adapter for the Canon 7D.

I edited the film using Final Cut Pro (software). Its been a long 10 months of editing, and glad that part of it is over, though it was well spent. Very happy with the outcome, and I really had no budget for this movie, except for my very limited resources. I thought it turned out well over all, base on my shoe string budget. :) It's the little film that could.

I took courses at San Francisco School of Digital Filmmaking and ever since I completed the classes, I have been on a journey to get out there and just start filming and having some fun.

Many movies inspired me over the years, and of course my beloved mother, Elsie, whom I have dedicated this film too. She passed away before I could finish the film. So I named the character of Ruben's mother after my mom in this film.

This is my first project that is about 60 minutes! I'm very excited that the film is ready for everyone to view. I wish the sound came out better, and wish we had more time and money to perfect the movie, but overall I very happy with it.

Hope you enjoy it, as much I did making the film! Keep an open mind and heart, thanks for watching!

Post a Comment

0 Comments