Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

“All-American Boy” Steve Grand Releases “Back to California,” Launches Kickstarter Campaign For First Album: WATCH



Steve Grand took the Internet by storm last summer with “All-American Boy,” his out-and-proud anthem of gay love, and its accompanying video, which garnered more than a million views in its first week.

With help from The Fray producer Aaron Johnson, Grand is now working on his first full-length album, also called All-American Boy, and has started a Kickstarter campaign to raise $81,000 by March 30.

- I made the ["All-American Boy"] video using my own money (and maxing out my credit card)—independently and without a label or management. Without any money left to do promotion of any kind, I uploaded the video to YouTube and clicked “Share” on Facebook. Thanks to all of YOU who shared the videos with your friends and on social media, the video went viral almost overnight, landing me spots on major news outlets like “Good Morning America,” CNN and major print publications. We now have over 2.75 million views!

    With your help, we released a second video, “Stay.” I got to meet amazing people like Elton John, Mariah Carey, and Edie Windsor. And best of all, I got to meet so many of YOU, my beloved GrandFam, as I toured around the country. I got to hear your amazing stories. Your hopes and fears. Your triumphs and heartaches. And how in some small way, my music made you feel a little less lonely in the world.


The money will cover studio time, album art and packaging and another music video. Hey, if it’s half as sexy as “Boy,” we’d say any donations are money well spent!

To give fans a taste of what a full album might be like, Grand has just released his third video, “Back to California.” Watch the clip below, and download it for free from Bandcamp or iTunes.



(Source: NewNowNext)

Post a Comment

0 Comments